MAWISTA Visum is a health insurance that is recognized by the immigration authorities as sufficient health insurance coverage for the temporary residence permit in Germany and the Schengen area. The MAWISTA Visum protects you from high medical costs of illness or accidents during the stay.
In case of unexpected illness or an accident, a health insurance policy protects you from incalculably high medical costs. The health insurance covers the treatment by a physician and in hospital as well as the medications prescribed by the physician.
Who is entitled
- Visitors or guests (visitor visa)
- Business travellers (business visa)
- Tourists (tourist visa)
- Group visitors (visitor visa for travel groups)
MAWISTA Visum is suitable for people who need a health insurance in order to apply for a Schengen-visa. The following EU member states have signed the Schengen Convention: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden, Switzerland, Estonia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary. The insurance coverage has been designed in a way that it complies with the requirements of the council regulation (EC) no. 810/2009 of the European Parliament and Council as of 13.07.2009 and is unlimited.
Schengen Visa Travel Insurance
MAWISTA Visum is a premium-quality health insurance that is recognized by the German immigration authorities as sufficient health insurance coverage for the temporary residence permit in Germany and the Schengen area. The MAWISTA Visum protects you from high medical costs of illness or accidents during the stay.
MAWISTA Visum at a glance
- Insurance duration: 8 to 183 days
- Maximum entry age: 64 years. A tariff for persons age 64 years or older can be found here
- Excess: The insured services are paid 100% by the insurer (with the exception of maximum limits for special services such as dental prostheses)
- Proof of insurance: MAWISTA Student is recognised by official authorities for granting a temporary residency permit in Germany, Switzerland and the Schengen states
- Insured region: Schengen states: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary;
no insurance cover is provided in those countries, in which the insured person maintains a permanent residence.
- Validity of policy:
a) for persons from a visa requiring country:
12 months from the start of insurance applied for the agreed period; multiple entry and exit is possible
b) for persons from a non-visa requiring country:
after insurance inception date for the agreed period
- Payment method: Single payment with direct debit or credit card
- Notice of termination: You can cancel within 14 days after you bought the insurance or subject to presentation of proof that a visa has been refused
- Extension: At any time before the expiration via telephone or e-mail
- Waiting period: When applied before entry without waiting period!
Up to one month after entry, or up to one week after the end of another insurance contract – then with 7 days waiting period.
For more information about MAWISTA click here